Friday, April 7, 2017

Mar 20-27

I apologize in advance because this is going to be short a short email.

Please don´t freak out when I say this, but I´m pretty sure I got pick-pocketed on the bus. I was getting ready to use my passport holder, and I just kind of have a lump in my stomach because I don´t know where it is. Please just help me cancel my accounts or stop them or something because I don´t know what to do about that. I have the emergency money, but I also want to be able to buy stuff here so if you can please find a way to give me money that would be awesome! I know Elder Sandler brought someone a credit card in our mission so maybe you could have the MTC send it with a new missionary. Anyways, yeah I´m still looking for it, but I don't know where it is.

Sorry about that, anyways, I hope I can figure out how to get pictures to you, because I am sending letters in a garage right now and the computer does not recognize my sd card. The traveling was longggg, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Argentina´s landscape honestly looks a lot like Ohio. It´s pretty hot and humid here though right now, but it will start to cool off soon, I think. Like you said mom, I don´t think I really understand the schedule of a missionary quite yet because the days seem pretty long, but I think it also has some to do with not knowing Spanish as well as everybody else. However, I am getting better. My area is Santa Elena in Entre Rios and we are right along the river. Santa Elena is not very big and I actually feel pretty safe here. The people are all really nice and we say hi to everyone we pass and they all are willing to talk. The living conditions are so much different though. Their houses are concrete structures with maybe two rooms. Lots of people are missing teeth and a lot of the old people, if they even have any, only have two bottom teeth. The food is pretty good though so far, but they don´t have many manners! We had lunch the other day with a member and her family and one of her kids just picked up my glass and drank out of it! Then another one did.... and another one. I decided to get water back at the apartment. I love the members though. Santa Elena has paved roads, but the streets for peoples houses do not. They are just dirt roads. Oh and everybody has a scooter, motorcycle, or something like that and the people that do drive.... let´s just say there´s no traffic laws.

I know there´s more, but i don´t have much time. I hope I can get my pictures to you. Sorry again for my cards. I hope we can figure it out. I miss you guys and love you all. Argentina is great and I hope the next weeks will keep getting better.